Thursday, July 9, 2009

Episode 12 -Counting back in time

While listening to the Runner's Round Table last night (found on the Talkshoe Network most Wednesdays at 4pm) my friend Cewtwo posted a link to my blog and my podcast. Toni Harvey was pleased to hear about another podcast and thought that mine must be about counting back age.

When you think about it - runners do that. They start with a body age, and the more they run the younger they feel and the fitter they get.

For myself, this is so true. Before my oldest grandson was born I felt like an 80 year old woman. My knees hurt, my legs hurt; and I had zero energy. I dreaded summer because I knew the heat was going to do me in.

The advice I got from almost everybody when I started running was - don't do it. The theory was that my already bad knees would get worse and I would be crippled. Fortunately for me, I didn't listen to the advice and I got my knees and hips back.

It's true that body parts wear out from lack of use. Get them moving and they will reward you with renewed life.

I would be lying if I said I never get any aches or pains. Of course I do. But they don't last and I don't spend cash on anti-inflammatories and muscle rubs. I rarely take anything - ice will usually do the trick if I'm feeling a bit sore.

So - this blog (and podcast) has new meaning. Not only am I counting down 50 pounds (and not well at the moment) but I'm also turning back the clock on age.

You can do it too. Get MOVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment