Saturday, June 27, 2009

Episode 9


The 7.5 pounds I gained last week are only partially gone. I lost 4 this week which means I'm carrying 3.5 pounds of salty pretzels around on my hips.

This has been a very trying week - lots of rain, no biking, and only a few short runs. Lack of regular exercise makes for a cranky me.

My summer has officially begun now that school is out. I can get out for exercise as early or as late as I want, with no time constraints.

The best part of this week is that my yard and garden are looking great! I swear I have the biggest hostas (don't even bother with the jokes - I already did a mental filter and decided it's just too '12 yr old boy' to comment on), and the milkweed I have allowed to grow along the wall is already attracting Monarch butterflies. Did you know that milkweek is essential for them? We've become so weed-whacky as a society that the Monarch is in danger of dying off because their food source is being eradicated.

Don't forget to click on the 'You Are What You Eat' link on the sidebar. The information on that website is excellent for everybody - not just vegetarians.

A demain.

No comments:

Post a Comment