Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Episode 20


I never really thought I would make it to 20 episodes, but here I am, sharing experiences and trying to keep myself accountable. This has been another really good week - I'm feeling better than I have in a long time and I know my running mojo has returned.

I got up Monday morning and made a conscious decision to spend more time running and less time talking about it. Since I started Crossfit, my mileage has suffered because I've been afraid to get myself too tired out. That, my friends, is a big ole cop-out excuse.

So...I ran 2 miles of intervals on Monday, 5k yesterday with a killer hill in the middle, and 4.32 miles this morning, interspersed with bench dips and squats. Making myself understand that it's ok to take breaks while running is hard - but I'm working at it. My actual running time is still hovering around a 13 minute mile (curses on you extra damn 30 pounds) but I do have spurts of 11 and 12 minutes. My goal has never been to run fast - it has been to run far. I want a marathon before I'm 65. The photo is of the river this early morning - so beautiful and peaceful. I wanted to sit down and just watch fish jump for a while, but then two kingfishers got into a very loud squabble over a fish - so I moved on.

Check out the links on the sidebar of Good Mornings, and air squats - two of the exercises I'm doing at Crossfit that are really making a difference in my overall fitness. On to kettlebell swings next, and tomorrow I am going to CRUSH my previous time for a 500m row.

Peace out.


No comments:

Post a Comment